With an initial investment of $100,000, the company was able to reduce wastage of water, energy, steam, dye and chemical worth $500, 000 within a year. So it is a matter of mindset. It is not a big deal.
Mohammed Abdul Jabbar,
Managing Director, DBL Group.
Join PaCT and save more!
The graph below (Figure 1) shows that by implementing best practices recommended by PaCT Cleaner Production (CP) experts, 29 PaCT partner factories successfully managed to reduce their average water consumption from 201 L/kg fabric to 147 L/kg fabric. That's a 27% reduction in water consumption and an outright increase in cost savings!
Whether big or small, old or new, brands and factories receive the following benefits and dedicated services by joining PaCT
- Achieve environmental sustainability and identify business drivers for resource efficiency
- Embed the philosophy for continuous improvement
- Opportunity to reduce water, energy and chemical consumption and reduce operating costs
- Gain sustainability of the textile supply chain through improved water, energy, and chemical management
- Improved Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) facilities to acceptable standards
- Elimination of hazardous chemicals through improved chemical management
- Life-time access to information on international best practices, advice, and investment facilitation in sustainable technology through TTBC
- Become part of an extensive network of buyers, brands, textile factories, and industry associations
- A platform for exchange of experiences between factories, bother participating factories and between all factories in a cluster
- Develop business-to-business linkages with financial institutions to invest in bankable resource efficient technologies